Home remedies for hair growth are something that you might search for at one point in your life. Sometimes it is our wrong haircut and hairstyle decisions, and sometimes the environmental conditions or poor hormonal hair growth that leaves us at the mercy of looking out for these home remedies.
You can opt for temporary ways to make your hair look longer. But it is never really the permanent solution. You can even opt for the choice of permanent extensions that give you a warranty of up to 10-15 years, but it is a high-ended choice and comes to be very expensive. Plus, the procedure can damage your natural hair as well. Therefore it is a choice; you need to think about it before opting.
But if you want your hair to grow naturally, one of the best choices is opting for home remedies for hair growth. There are multiple home remedies for hair growth suggested by the grandmother tails and advised by professional hairstylists, but let us be clear: not all home remedies for hair growth promise to work or function.
Therefore, we have brought some of the best home remedies for hair growth from the grandmother’s secret book and the hair professional’s little black book to this platform.
Onion Hair Mask and Serums
The onion hair mask is notable and a must-mention for home remedies for hair growth. Onion contains multiple active and robust antioxidants that promise you some of the following results:
- It helps in promoting hair growth.
- It thickens the hair.
- It prevents premature greying of hair.
- It also keeps the hair lice growth away.
- It restores health to the split ends and nourishes the scalp.
- It also helps to keep the dandruff steer away.
Yes, all of these attractive benefits are associated with onions to hair growth; that is why we have added this great thing to our list related to home remedies for hair growth.
You can use this great product in multiple forms. Use it as a mask or a serum, and you can even extract the onion juice from the vegetable and use it directly on hair; if you think that you can handle its smell and sticky feeling on the hair. But out of all the suggested recipes, the following home remedies for hair growth using the effects of onion are described below:
#1 Onion and Honey Hair Mask
The onion and honey mask suits every hair type and is perfect for all seasons. The beneficial effects of onion have already been described earlier but let us inform you that honey is also a champ in growing hair fast. It is scientifically found best for the skin, but without a doubt, it is excellent for hair, too, especially for the dry and thin strands of hair. It locks in moisture, and therefore, it complements and enhances the effects of onion and is considered a great addition to home remedies for hair growth. The following is a procedure for making this onion hair mask.
- Take three tablespoons of fresh onion juice in a bowl.
- Pour a spoonful of organic honey into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients.
- Apply the mask on the hair, covering the roots to the ends.
- Massage your hair for about 5 minutes.
- Leave the mask on for intense 30 minutes.
- Wash your hair with fragranced shampoo to get rid of the onion smell.
- Follow the procedure with a conditioner.
- You can apply this mask about one time every 15 days.
- Results will be visible just after the second use.
#2 Onion Serum
The best way of using onion for hair growth is by using raw onion juice. Onion juice is packed with potent antioxidants; therefore, its use as a one-ingredient serum is ideal. Following is a simple recipe for this serum.
- Take half onion and squeeze the juice out of it.
- The juice should be about 3-4 tablespoons.
- Take a cotton ball or wear a plastic glove and apply the serum from the scalp to the end of the hair.
- Leave the serum for about half an hour.
- Wash hair with a shampoo.
- Proceed further with a conditioner.
- Use this serum once a week to achieve efficient effects.
Onion contains remarkable properties, but these antioxidants can also harm your hair if used in excess amounts or more than it should be. Therefore, you need to strictly overview the number of times you use onion-containing home remedies for hair growth.
We have heard from our grandparents for a long time about eggs and their beautiful effects on hair. Therefore how can we miss it when it comes to our list of best home remedies for hair growth? Indeed, egg masks are a traditional recipe, and they undoubtedly work to improve hair growth and quality; we do not deny their efficient results on hair. The science behind these masks is that the egg yolk is rich in multiple vitamins, especially Vitamin A and E, biotin, iron, and beneficial folate. All of these ingredients tend to benefit the hair in the following described ways.
- Thanks to abundant Vitamin A and E, egg yolk supports rapid hair growth.
- It also prevents hair loss and treats split ends.
- It improves the texture of the hair, making it thick and shiny.
You can use the whole or merely the egg white or egg yolk for preparing the egg mask. Egg white is rich in proteins and helps build hair growth, whereas egg yolk also contains a minimal amount of proteins, but its main asset is the B complex ingredient, which proves more efficient in hair growth, even more than the proteins. Therefore, you can consider using the whole egg as it is simply one of the most applauded home remedies for hair growth, all thanks to the combined benefits of egg yolk and egg white.
The following are some of the best egg masks we have searched for you.
#1 Egg, Aloe Vera Gel, and Castor Oil/ Olive Oil
Castor oil is notorious for its replenishing properties and helps prevent hair loss; therefore, you can add this ingredient to the egg mask. But as we know, castor oil cannot be found easily; consequently, you can substitute this oil with olive oil. Olive oil prevents an itchy scalp and is a beneficial agent for hair loss. You can choose any of the two above-mentioned oils for preparing this mask.
The second ingredient in this mask is aloe vera gel. Aloe vera is packed with extreme goodness and makes hair soft, smooth, and shiny. Some hair professionals even suggest using it with a shampoo for extra smoothness and shine. Therefore, I suggest adding it to this mask for extra effects.
Following is the quick recipe for making this egg mask for significant hair growth:
- We need protein for this mask, therefore, an egg white is a must, but you can also add egg yolk for additional effects. It is entirely optional.
- Add two tablespoons of castor oil or olive oil to the egg.
- Add one tablespoon of aloe vera gel.
- Whisk the mixture until a uniform solution is made.
- Apply the mask with a glove or a brush covering from the roots to the ends of the hair.
- Leave the mask for half an hour.
- You can apply this mask about two times a week.
#2 Egg and Yogurt Mask
This egg and yogurt mask is one of the most popular home remedies for hair growth. The astonishing properties of the egg have been described above, but now it is time to drop some light on the benefits of Yogurt. Yogurt is notorious for its strengthening properties, and it also keeps dandruff problems away, and for bonuses, it leaves the hair shiny and smooth.
This mask is easy to make and proves profoundly beneficial. The recipe for this mask goes as follows:
- One whisked whale egg.
- Two tablespoons of yogurt,
- Mix the ingredients until a uniform mixture forms.
- Apply the mask and cover the entire head.
- Leave the mask on for 30-40 minutes.
- You can apply this mask once a week.
How To Get Rid of the Smell
One of the most problematic reasons people avoid these egg masks is their smell. Its smell sometimes cannot go away even after the wash. It is maybe due to improper washing methods. People usually make a terrible choice when removing the egg mask with hot or lukewarm water. Hot or lukewarm water can cook the egg into your hair, allowing the smell to stay for a long time in your hair. Therefore, it is better to avoid hot water using this mask.
The better way is to use cold water with infused lemon juice. Lemon juice will act cordially with cold water to eliminate the smell. The acid in the lemon will help eliminate the smell and also control the frizziness. But it does not mean you should wash your hair daily with lemon juice. Just use lemon juice in the water whenever you apply the egg mask. Excess acidity due to lemon juice can harm hair growth as well.
Indian Gooseberry or Amla is one of the traditional home remedies for hair growth. This home remedy is wildly popular among the masses in the subcontinent. Whenever hair loss or growth occurs, most people suggest the “Amla” for efficient growth results. Therefore, this ingredient has made up this list of all-time favorite home remedies for hair growth.
But this massive popularity is undoubtedly not enough to impress us. We need strong evidence regarding its functionality and so-called categorization as one of the best home remedies for hair growth. Indian Gooseberry, mostly known as amla, is rich in Vitamin C. These Vitamin C reservoirs have a beneficial effect on hair, as they seem to boost hair growth, nourishing the hair from the scalp to the roots. Vitamin C produces collagen protein- which is a building factor of hair. Indian gooseberry increases the volume of the hair without making them frizzy.
People use Amla oils daily to make hair long, healthy, pigmentated, and shiny. Hence this fruit is worth considering as an option for hair growth and makes a great addition in providing us with some of the most reliable home remedies for hair growth.
Two of the all-time appreciated home remedies for hair growth using Indian gooseberry are mentioned below.
#1 Indian Gooseberry and Lemon Juice
As described earlier, Lemon juice controls fizziness in the hair-one of the biggest problems of having long and voluminous hair. It also contains Vitamin C, helps prevent dandruff and lice, and makes the split ends healthier and back to life. But it is a strong and natural acid and can damage hair, but in this mask, you don’t need to worry about this factor, as amla is active enough to control the lemon’s acidity. Therefore, it is a perfect combination and is one of the most efficient home remedies for hair growth.
Here is the recipe for making this serum:
- Two tablespoons of Indian gooseberry powder or oil.
- One tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Mix the ingredients and apply the serum all over the hair.
- Leave the mask for about an hour.
- Wash the hair with warm water to remove the serum thoroughly.
- You can apply this mask once a week.
#2 Indian Gooseberry and Coconut Oil Tonic
Coconut oil is another ingredient that makes hair grow faster, longer, and more voluminous. Therefore, this tonic using Indian gooseberry and coconut oil is excellent for rapid and proper hair growth. Both of these ingredients tend to make hair smoother, longer, and frizz-free. Plus, if you use ingredients wisely, the tonic is purely organic and proves to be one of the best home remedies for hair growth.
The preparation of this tonic goes as follows.
- Take some amla oil and coconut oil in a saucepan.
- Boil the mixture till its color turn slightly brown.
- The tonic is ready.
- Let the tonic be cooled and apply it all over the hair.
- Leave the tonic for about 45 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- You can apply this tonic about two to three times a week.
Amla oil is entirely safe to play with. And you can also apply the one-ingredient amla oil every day for half an hour before taking a shower.
These are some of the most trusted home remedies for hair growth that will help you grow your hair faster and healthier.
If you liked our article about home remedies for hair growth, please let us know your thoughts in the comment section. We would be obliged to hear from you.