Post Weight Loss Hunger – Losing weight is a complex task, where one has to stay dedicated and constant and follow a strict diet plan with regular physical exercise, and then after the struggle months, people start getting some results. But this is not the end because real tension starts after you have lost your weight. Now the main problem is maintaining your weight and preventing it from gaining again.
Once you have lost weight, the next and most challenging task is maintaining it. After losing weight, we tend to crave one thing or another another, and keeping ourselves under control is the main task to prevent weight gain again. So, in this article, we will tell you about post weight loss hunger and how to overcome it to manage your weight.
What are the main reasons behind the post weight loss hunger?
As per a study published by Harvard Health Publishing, during our period of weight loss, our body tends to release the ghrelin hormone in an excessive amount, which is responsible for hunger. When one person loses excess weight, the amount of the release of the ghrelin hormone tends to increase in the body, and this is the main reason that one starts feeling more hungry even after weight loss, also known as post weight loss hunger. And in this situation, one starts to feel hungry even after he has eaten his food.
The body wants to gain weight again.
After the weight loss, we tend to get more cravings to eat more because our appetite control system is more conducive to feeling a reduction in fat mass and less weight. After the weight loss, the body requires less energy, but we feel more hungry because the body takes time to adjust to the new structure and wants to gain weight again.
How To Control Post Weight Loss Hunger?
- Follow a balanced diet plan, eat five small meals instead of 3 large meals, and ensure your meals include protein, fiber, and healthy fats in the proper amounts.
- Only go for healthy snacks. Avoid any junk or processed food as much as you can.
- Always take care of your portion size to avoid overeating; as I already said, go for five small meals instead of 3 large meals.
- Add plenty of fiber to your meals, and eat green vegetables and fruits daily.
- Also, add Greek yogurt and nuts to your daily routine, as these will help you keep your tummy full for a long time, thus preventing overeating.
- Adopt mindful eating and avoid everything that distracts you. Focus on your food and eating only.
- Drink plenty of water in a day for proper digestion and to keep your body hydrated.
- Avoid late-night eating; one of the reasons behind it is sleeping late at night, so try to sleep on time.
- Only eat when you feel so, and also engage in regular exercise daily.
So that’s how you can tackle the post weight loss hunger to manage your weight. Because once we have lost excess weight, the next big thing is managing our weight, which is a challenging task. As you know, how much you have to go through to lose that extra weight. So be earnest, follow a proper routine, and avoid eating in excess. So take care of the above tips and enjoy a healthy weight loss journey.