The 7-day cabbage soup diet plan is quite becoming famous since 1980. People who have heard about this diet know they can quickly lose up to 10 pounds if they follow the 7-day cabbage soup diet plan. It is becoming famous among men and women wanting to lose weight.
Read Also: The Diabetes Diet: Simple and Delicious Meal Plans for a Healthier Life.
The cabbage soup diet plan benefits those who want to lose weight. However, one should not start this plan without consulting the doctor as it is a rigorous 7-day diet, restricting calorie intake and increasing fiber consumption. And not everyone would be able to digest this diet. So always consult your doctor before starting this diet. Further, it has been advised that one should not follow this diet plan more than seven days in a row. There should be a gap of 2 months in every round. Pregnant Women and the ones who just gave birth should not go for this diet.
Cabbage Soup Ingredients
The Cabbage Soup recipe typically includes
- Garlic and vegetable broth
One can season the soup with herbs and spices and use some chicken or beef for additional vegetables and proteins.
7-Days Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
You can take fruits with cabbage soup except for bananas for your day one diet. You can go for as much cabbage soup as possible and stick with low-sugar fruits, such as blueberries and apples. Let’s try as
- Baked cinnamon apples for the morning
- Fruit Salad and Cabbage Soup for your lunch
- Melon Salad and cabbage soup for your dinner
Use dry fruits for the rest of the day to fulfill your cravings. You can also use frozen pineapples or grapes for a delicious treat.
For the second day, you must go with the vegetables except for the stretchy and corn.
- Start your day with a baked potato.
- For lunch, go for salad sprinkled with pepper, salt, olives, and cabbage soup.
- And for dinner, ice cauliflower topped with a stir fry of roasted carrots and zucchini will be the best option.
For the third day, you can go for cabbage soup, fruits, and vegetables, except corn, bananas, and other starchy vegetables. You will also not get potatoes today.
You can go with bananas, yogurt, milk, and cabbage soup.
- For the Morning, make yourself a banana smoothie with almond milk, banana, and greek yogurt.
- Cabbage Soup for your lunch
- And for dinner, A large banana smoothie with cabbage soup.
- Additionally, you can go for banana ice cream and dried banana chips for snacking.
Day 5 – Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
For the 5th day, you can go with 6-8 tomatoes with protein such as turkey, fish, and chicken.
- Make Turkey Sausage Patties for your breakfast.
- For lunch, you can go with Grilled Chicken and cabbage soup,
- Cabbage soup for dinner as well.
Now you can use other vegetables aside from tomatoes as well.
- For breakfast, go with turkey Sausage and Roasted vegetables,
- Go for stir fry with chicken and vegetables for your lunch,
- You can eat ground turkey and spaghetti squash with tomato sauce in your dinner.
Day 7 – Cabbage Soup Diet Plan
The last is only about vegetables, fruits, and juices.
- You can make a fruit and vegetable smoothie by using spinach, oranges, apples, and grapes for your breakfast,
- Take a large salad, watermelon slush, and cabbage soup for your lunch,
- And for dinner, you should go with the priced cauliflower stir-fried with some roasted vegetables.
So after completing the seven days cabbage soup diet plan, you will see the change in your body; yes, you have lost 10 pounds of weight. You will feel relaxed and free. Now get a proper diet, and if you want to try the cabbage soup diet again, put a gap of 2 months within that; otherwise, you will be rushing your body too far and cause yourself some harm. So if you also want to lose weight, this diet plan is for you. But be sure you have consulted your doctor first.