Ayurvedic Remedies for Mouth Ulcers – Mouth Ulcers are painful sores that can happen in the lips, tongue, and inside of the cheeks and are also known as canker sores or aphthous ulcers. It can happen due to various factors such as stress, injury, hormonal changes, vitamin deficiencies, and certain medical conditions.
Mouth ulcers can be cured on their auto within a couple of days. Still, they can cause uncomfortable conditions, such as difficulty eating, speaking, or drinking. But some ayurvedic remedies for mouth ulcers can help you quickly relieve this condition.
Causes of mouth ulcers according to Ayurveda
Read Also: 5 Health Benefits of Fennel Sugar Candy Combo.
The condition of mouth ulcers can happen due to a variety of reasons, such as
- Excessive intake of spicy or acidic foods,
- Nutritional deficiencies,
- Hormonal changes,
- Physical or mental stress,
- Weakened immunity,
- Even dental issues such as braces or dentures.
In addition to these, as per Ayurveda, this condition can also happen due to imbalances in the three dosha’s of the body – vata, kapha, and pitta dosha. The imbalances in these three doshas can be due to improper diet, unhealthy lifestyle choices, and poor digestion. So you should get the help of these ayurvedic remedies for mouth ulcers to get relief quickly at home.
Ayurvedic remedies for mouth ulcers
Ghee is one of the best Ayurvedic remedies if you’re suffering from mouth ulcers. Get one tablespoon of pure desi ghee daily, and you will get the results within just some days.
Honey is also one of the best Ayurvedic remedies for mouth ulcers. Apply some honey directly to the ulcer, which will help reduce inflammation and boost the healing process.
You can also use coconut oil to treat mouth ulcers. Apply some coconut oil directly to the affected area. It will reduce inflammation and helps you in getting relief from the pain.
Aloe Vera gel is also a good one of Ayurvedic remedies for mouth ulcers. Apply the gel to the effect area, and you will get relief from the pain and inflammation.
Triphala is a combination of three fruits that are best for our health and contain mainly all the nutrients for our body. So you can consume it with water to heal mouth ulcers.
Mix the licorice root powder with the honey and apply it to your affected area. It will boost the healing power and helps you get relief from inflammation and pain. It is also a proven of ayurvedic remedies for mouth ulcers.
You should know these home remedies might not work with everyone’s body, so consult your healthcare expert for better results.
Tips to prevent mouth ulcers
- Maintain proper hygiene, and brush your teeth twice daily to keep your mouth clean.
- As acidic and spicy foods can irritate the lining of the mouth so you should limit the excess consumption of spicy and acidic foods.
- You should constantly chew slowly and gently while eating something to avoid any accidental bite on your cheek or tongue.
- Always use a soft-bristled toothbrush, as it will help the injuries to the gums.
- Get plenty of water every day as it will help flush out the toxins from your mouth to help make it fresh and free from mouth ulcers.
- As always, avoid smoking and limit your alcohol consumption.
- You should get enough iron, vitamin B12, and folic acid, as these are required to boost oral health.
So these are the tips to prevent mouth ulcers. But still, if you got the condition of mouth ulcers, you can follow our ayurvedic home remedies for mouth ulcers. But it is not sure that these home remedies work for everyone based on one’s body type. So if you didn’t get any benefits, you should seek the help of your health care expert.
Found this article interesting? Follow us on YouTube and Instagram to read more exclusive content we post.