Dark armpits abandon anyone to raise their hands and live their best. They make you avoid sleeveless shirts and tops, they make you insecure about your body, and nonetheless, they are something that causes a drop in our confidence. Lightening them up becomes our ultimate wish during such times. You can opt for multiple procedures to lighten the dark armpits, but the great question is, do they all work???
Mmm…some of them are good and work efficiently, but most are much more high-ended and expensive, and some techniques even involve laser technology. Such options can put anyone in a thoughtful situation where people might want to pass away these options.
But it is not a moment of disappointment. Whenever one door closes, two others ultimately open; only you have to hunt them. This time we have hunted you not only one but 10 short and quick home remedies for lightening your dark armpits. These inexpensive home remedies promise to give instant results and are safe for any skin type. Therefore, bye-bye, ugly armpits, and HELLO to beauty.
1. Aloe Vera Gel
Do you know that aloe vera gel is also called a natural sunscreen? It has excellent antibacterial properties by which it protects the skin against UV rays and tends to lighten the skin to its original color.
- All you need to do for this home remedy is cut a fresh leaf from the aloe plant and extract the gel.
- It is okay to have store-bought aloe vera gel, but ensure it is organic and all-natural.
- Apply the gel on the armpit and let the skin soak for 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
Apply the gel daily for the best results. The results will be visible just within 10 days.
2. Potatoe Juice
Potatoes are known for their lightening properties and are a great discoloring agent if you are looking for one. Using potato juice will not only lighten the dark armpits, but it will help to maintain the natural skin color as well.
- Grate a medium-sized potato and squeeze the juice out of it.
- Apply this juice all over the underarms.
- Let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash your armpits with cold water.
Use this home remedy on alternative days. The results will be visible in a week.
3. Lemon Slices
Have you ever heard of bleaching? If yes, you would know that it is used for lighting dark hair and body parts. Lemon is, thus, a natural bleaching ingredient. It can not only be used for treating dark armpits, but you can use it against blemishes and even dark spots.
But as we all know, underarms are a sensitive area; therefore, we have to ensure that the ingredients we are using should not too intense or reactive. And lemon juice is an acid-that means it should be applied carefully.
- Instead of extracting lemon juice, cut the lemon into 2 slices.
- Just rub it without pressurizing on the armpits for about 4-5 minutes.
- After rubbing, let the residue sit for another 2-3 minutes.
- Wash it off with preferably cold water.
Use this home remedy every 3 days for instant results.
4. Baking Soda and Lemon Paste
Baking soda is a great exfoliator. It removes the upper layer of dead skin cells and unleashes the glow from beneath. And lemon juice, on the other hand, does not need any introduction. It is a great bleaching agent. And as mentioned earlier, it is an excellent home remedy for dark areas.
- Take 1 tablespoon of baking soda in a bowl.
- Pour a similar proportion of lemon juice into the bowl.
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste.
- Damp the armpits and apply this paste as a scrub.
- Massage it on the area for about two minutes and let it sit afterward for about 5-7 minutes.
- Rinse it off with cold water.
- Apply a moisturizer afterward.
Baking soda reduces the acidity of the lemon juice; therefore, it is safe to apply this scrub 3 to 4 times a week.
The results are instant and shall be visible after 2 or 3 applications.
5. Cucumber Slices
Cucumber proves to be very beneficial for reducing skin darkness. Besides this factor, it soothes the skin, which feels pleasant in sensitive areas like the armpits.
- Cut the cucumber into circular slices.
- Rub the slices on the armpits for about 5 minutes and let the residue sit for another 10 minutes.
- Wash the armpits and apply a moisturizer afterward.
Cucumber is safe to apply and cannot harm the skin. You can use this home remedy for lightening the dark armpits every day. Results will be visible within a week or two.
6. Olive Oil and Brown Sugar Paste
Olive oil is true magic. It nourishes, soothes, and contains tons of antioxidants that might help you to get rid of dark armpits. And brown sugar, on the other hand, is an excellent exfoliant. It removes the dead and dark skin cells layer and brings your dark areas to light. And above all, this scrub is best for sensitive skin. Therefore, you don’t need to think much before using this scrub.
- Take 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a bowl.
- Put in it 1 tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Mix the ingredients to form a scrub full of exfoliants.
- Apply the scrub on the armpits and massage for about 5 minutes.
- Let the residue sit for another 10 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Wipe it off with a dry cloth or wipe it.
- Apply soothing gel like aloe vera gel or a moisturizer afterward.
You can apply this scrub daily. The results are instant and will be visible after 4-5 applications.
This might sound a bit absurd, but yes, it is true. Your toothpaste is powerful enough to function for more than only one purpose. Toothpaste has excellent bleaching properties and can whiten dark armpits within days. But make sure to use white toothpaste; the colored ones might have skin irritants.
Classic Colgate toothpaste is our tried and trusted one in this regard.
- Take a bit amount of toothpaste on your finger.
- Apply a thin layer on your armpits and let it dry.
- Rinse it off after 10 minutes.
- Apply a moisturizer afterward, as the skin might feel a bit dry.
You can use this home remedy for treating dark armpits daily. Results shall be visible just after 2 uses.
8. Baking Soda and Rose Water Paste
As described above, baking soda is a great exfoliator, and rose water, on the other hand, is a natural toner. As you know, Toner is used to lightening darkened areas and works equally for dark armpits.
The baking soda and rose water paste are for those pals with susceptible or irritating skin. Besides whitening effects, it will also kill all the irritants and bacteria inhabiting that area.
- Take 1½ tablespoons of baking soda in a bowl.
- Mix 1 tablespoon of rose water in the powder.
- Mix the paste and apply it to the armpits.
- Let the paste sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water and apply lotion afterward.
You can apply this paste every two days. This method is instant, and you can see the lightning process visible just after the first application
9. Turmeric, Milk, and Honey Paste
Turmeric needs no introduction when it comes to skin lightening. It is as well effective for dark armpits. And unpasteurized honey is equally effective in this regard. But one beneficial ingredient that has been hiding in our fridge is milk. Milk contains multiple vitamins and fatty acids that can play a role in whitening your dark armpits.
- Take two pinches of turmeric powder in a bowl.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of milk in it.
- Add a similar proportion of honey to it.
- Mix the ingredients to form a paste.
- Apply the paste on the armpits and let it sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse it foo with cold water.
Use this home remedy thrice a week, and you will start noticing its effects from the very start.
10. Tea Tree Oil
Last but not least, how can we miss our ultimate essential oil, tea tree oil? It is already known for its beneficial and prosperous effects on the skin. It works similarly for dark armpits. Tea tree oil is flooded with antibacterial and antioxidant properties.
Antibacterial properties prevent the smell and sweat in the armpits, and the antioxidants help brighten the dark armpits. It is a one-ingredient remedy and is best for even sensitive skin.
- Take 1 or 2 tablespoons of tea tree oil in a spraying bottle.
- Distill it with mineral water.
- Apply the tea tree oil-infused water through a sprayer on the armpits.
- Let the oil soak and dry.
This remedy is undoubtedly the safest, and you can apply it twice daily. The results will be visible within 2 or 3 days, and your dark armpits will get a bright glow.
These were some of our best and trusted home remedies, but if you want the results to last long, and avoid dark armpits, avoid the products and applications that can lead to situations. Below are some of the products and habits that can cause the darkening of your armpits.
- Antiperspirants can contain chemical irritants.
- Constant shaving can cause abrasion.
- Dead skin cell layer due to unhygienic lifestyle and lack of proper exfoliation.
- Hormonal conditions.
- Diabetes and obesity.
If you liked our article about home remedies for treating dark armpits, please let us know your thoughts in the comments section and tell us your favorite home remedy from the above ones. We would love to hear from you.